Wed 29 Feb 2012
Ad agency founder, former ad-tech CMO, and 15-year digital marketing veteran completes executive staff
REDWOOD SHORES, Calif. (February 29, 2012) – Rocket Fuel, the leading provider of artificial-intelligence advertising solutions for digital marketers, today announced that Eric Porres has joined the company as Chief Marketing Officer. Porres has over 15 years experience in the digital marketing industry, where he has founded several companies and held executive roles at leading agencies, brands, and technology organizations.
- In his role as CMO of Rocket Fuel, Porres will provide oversight for marketing operations for the fast-growing advertising technology company as well as create a research center of excellence for digital consumer insight.
- He co-founded Underscore Marketing, a full-service digital marketing and strategy agency and helped expand the company internationally. He also co-founded Pericles Consulting, a ‘pop-up’ strategic political marketing firm that developed and executed digital marketing programs for Presidential and Senatorial campaigns, and is the founder of Classelist, a web and mobile platform for parents and schools.
- Porres recently served as CMO of ad technology company Lotame Solutions Inc., where he oversaw its global marketing and insights practice areas, and led business and product development efforts for Lotame’s data management platform.
- Porres held management positions at Fortune Magazine, Agency.com, and LiveTechnology. As a partner with Outrageous Media, he co-produced two of the largest Internet webcasts in history – Michael Jackson´s “What More Can I Give” concert in Munich in 1999 and Paul McCartney´s “Run Devil Run” concert in Liverpool in 2000. He started his career as a business analyst with The Walt Disney Company.
- As a leading authority in the online advertising industry, Porres served on the board of 212, New York’s Interactive Advertising Club, and is a frequent panelist, moderator, and contributor to industry conferences and publications such as AdAge, iMedia, and DM2 Events. Porres graduated from Duke University.
- Rocket Fuel is growing at a rapid clip, and expects to hire 130 new employees this year in the U.S. and overseas. Porres will help Rocket Fuel make key marketing and market research hires, and provide his expertise in digital advertising platforms as the company continues to expand its operations and solutions footprint worldwide.
- “Eric has a proven track record leading marketing at world-class ad technology companies, and years of agency experience running multi-channel advertising programs for global brands,” said George John, founder and CEO of Rocket Fuel. “With his entrepreneurial spirit and deep operational expertise in digital advertising, we’re excited to welcome Eric aboard the rocket ship. His guidance will be invaluable as Rocket Fuel continues to expand internationally to bring our solutions to more major marketers worldwide.”
- “Rocket Fuel is the only ad technology company I’ve ever come across that truly walks the talk and puts solving digital marketing problems at the center of everything they do – ensuring that advanced algorithms and predictive analytics aren’t just cool technologies, but generate outstanding ROI for their customers,” said Eric Porres. “They’ve put all the right pieces together—a balanced media, management and technology team, an unrivaled product, and a vision for the future of digital advertising that creates rational, predictable, and measureable results for marketers. It’s no wonder the company is the fastest-growing ad technology company in Silicon Valley. I’m thrilled to join the executive team.”
About Rocket Fuel:
Rocket Fuel is the leading provider of artificial-intelligence advertising solutions that transform digital media buys into self-optimizing engines that learn and adapt in real-time, and deliver outstanding marketing results from awareness to sales. Over 400 of the world’s leading brands rely on Rocket Fuel to power their advertising programs across display, video, mobile, and social media. Founded by online advertising veterans and rocket scientists from NASA, Yahoo!, DoubleClick, and Salesforce.com, Rocket Fuel is based in Redwood Shores, California, and has offices in eleven cities worldwide including New York, London, and Toronto.